Sunday, May 18, 2014

New Otome Game ~ May ~ Love! Sushi Rangers

The first new mobile to come out on the android (I believe the iPhone version will be out soon) is from KOYONPLETE and it's called Love! Sushi Rangers.



~~Story~~
(description taken from googleplay)



" Choose your target (sushi?)!
12 different endings with different guys that will make your heart skip a beat!
-Romance Dating sim- 'A Strange Life with a Girl and a Handsome Sushi(!?)'

Our protagonist's father is a pro sushi chef.
In the beginning, a travel agency chose the dad for their planned 'High-Class Sushi Cruising' and then all of sudden he was taken overseas.
That night... our protagonist awoke to a strange voice and saw an unbelievable light.
Suddenly 6 youths appeared in the sushi kitchen, looking like people who've been seen somewhere before...
In order to help the protagonist, they changed into humans out of being... Sushi toppings!
Thus we raise our curtain on the strange life of a girl and six people (?).
Can they help our protagonist hold on to the sushi shop?

And what will become of her relationship with them.....?!"





Just finished playing the prologue and I gotta say, this looks like it's going to be a cute and funny game. I wasn't exactly laughing out loud (I rarely ever do) but this was the first otome game in a long while where I was just smiling through the whole thing.
I mean, come on! you're gonna be dating sushi! It's so ridiculous it's  funny x).

Things I like so far,
We can see the MC talking! not in a CG :D

Although, I believe this isn't always the case when she talks because her illustration stopped appearing so often when the sushi crew appeared.


He said whachamacallit!

I like how the people speak xP.


The MC speaks out what I'm thinking.
I can hang out with an avocado.

Meeting an avocado made me super excited for no real good reason but the fact that I've been having avocado every morning thanks to my avocado tree x].
The art style is nice.
The character design/illustration/style aren't my favorite but don't get me wrong, I like it. It's different and refreshing. The characters are just must shinier than I'm used to. Plus, those two guys above are 18 years old! They can pass as elementary school kids in my opinion D:

No screenshot to go with this reason but I like how the game plays like the old Love Academy app and not like the single route apps that use the jewel system. 
But that's just my personal preference for this type of game.




 Anywho, I'm looking forward to playing this game. I can take the crazy story. It sounds like fun.

The guys you can choose from are





I'll be playing Yu Maguro 's route first because (1) he doesn't look like a little kid, and (2) he's a tsundere! I love me the tsundere boys. Almost as much as I love my old men routes xD.



I would like to say that I will be making a walkthrough for this game but I probably won't. I mean,I'll think about it and I'll attempt it but yeah..... The reason is because this game plays like Love Academy and when I played Love Academy I would save at least 60 K0YON before reaching the final chapter because you could see the other two endings (there's the good, normal, and bad endings) after completing one ending and the use up 30(?) KOYON for each ending. 
I would suggest that you do the same (saving up the KOYON for the end) if you want to see all the endings for each character. This is one reason why I prefer this system over the jewel system. Sure, it means that you'll go through the story a little slower but it beats replaying the whole route again just to see a different ending from what you got. You get 10KOYON each day if you open the app and extra KOYON when you unlock a 'new panel' which if I remember correctly usually happens either when you finish a chapter or when there's a new CG, so saving up KOYON before the final chapter shouldn't be too hard.

Anyways, download the game/app! I forgot to mention it earlier but it's totally free! Have fun playing :D!


5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's short and silly. I'm enjoying it so far ^^. Hope you're playing and enjoying the game too =).

      Delete
  2. Dear Syrup Rain Editor or News Program Director,

    Hello, I am Satoshi Yamaguchi from Japanese App company, KOYONPLETE, Inc.

    We published 『Love! Sushi Rangers』; the game you can fall in love with Sushi . Thank you very much for mentioning in your blog.

    We would very much appreciate you could introduce our new romance dating sim app "Devil in My Arms" which is written by one of our fan in England.

    Information as below;

    Here is an outline of “Devil in My Arms" below,


    ■App Name
    Devil in My Arms

    ■Google play URL
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koyonplete.koyondevil&hl=en

    ■Price
    FREE (in App purchase)


    If you have any question and any comments, please contact me!

    Best regards,
    Satoshi Yamaguchi

    ReplyDelete
  3. is it normal that i can't hear anything? like there's no sound at all, no music nor voices :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw. That doesn't sound normal. Although, I believe there are some quiet spots with no music in parts of chapters.
      D: No sound at all? Not even on the title screen? There isn't any voices but there should be background music. Err... uh... I don't know how to fix that xD. Sorry :(.

      Delete